Published on December 31st, 2017 | by Balanced Family
Finding the Right Professional Landscaper Can Help You Add to the Value of Your Property
This New Year’s Eve is supposed to be one of the coldest days on record. With temperatures dangerously cold and below zero, many cities have cancelled outdoor fireworks displays and other events. Knowing that the windchill will have some places in the Midwest colder than it is at the North Pole as midnight arrives, outdoor skating rinks that otherwise would have been very busy are closed. You and your wife have decided to stay inside and stay warm. And while you thought that you would simply sit and watch a couple of movies, it turns out that your wife is actually thinking about making plans for some major renovations on your property.
With videos and pictures about retaining walls and landscape ideas, she seems determined to keep your focus on changes she wants to make for the yard, and not at all interested in watching a movie. The fact that you rarely stay home and have the house to yourself means that you can project the plans on the big screen and really get a good look at how the different style of retaining walls would look. In fact, planning for this landscaping project is a great way to make sure that both you and your wife are on the same page.
Many Home Owners Make Substantial Investments in Their Landscaping Plans
Even in the middle of winter, home and business owners across the country have their eye on plans that they will make on their landscaping as soon as warm weather returns. Custom hardscaping services, landscaping plans and custom water features add not only beauty, but also value to your property. Consider some of these facts and figures about the landscaping industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy as well as the value of residential and commercial properties:
- 67% of landscaping projects in the U.S. involve single family residential homes.
- the resale value of a home can increase by as much as 15% if you make even a 5% investment in quality professional landscaping. l
- Also an advantage, a well landscaped and maintained lawn also helps to reduce allergens like ragweed.
- Landscaping can bring a recovery value between 100% and 200 % at selling time, according to research reported by Money Magazine.
- A recent landscaping study indicated that there were 7% higher rental rates for commercial offices that have high-quality landscapes.
It may be New Year’s Eve and may be too cold to even think about being outside, but you can still start planning and budgeting for upgrades that you want to make to your home’s landscaping. From retaining walls to water features, many landscaping trends continue to grow in popularity and in property valuable.