Anchor decor

Published on March 26th, 2017 | by Balanced Family

0

Decorating a Room in Your Home in a Special Way Can Help You Feel Happier

Wall mounted bell

Americans spend more than $65 billion on home decor each year, but all that spending doesn’t translate into happiness. In surveys, only 20% of people say they are happy with their home decor, and 14% say that the decor in their home makes them feel gloomy. If that is the case, you might need to overhaul your home decor, although that can be very expensive. If you don’t have unlimited funds to hire an interior designer and totally redo your decor, you might want to start small by decorating one room in your home in a way that makes you very happy.

When looking to decorate that special room in your home, you can’t be worried about being too outlandish or what it will do to your resale value. This is your chance to do something in your home that will make you truly happy, you have to throw convention out the window. You can always repaint and change furnishings later if you decide to sell your home.

One of the most common home designs that people do to make a room in their home into a specialty space is to decorate it with nautical home decor. About 40% of the population lives in or near coastal areas, and nautical theme decor is popular in such homes. But even the other 60% of the country may want to have nautical decor in their homes to make them feel like they are close to the ocean. Nautical decor can include a life preserver on the wall, a nautical clock or other items. If you want to really go for the outlandish, you could decorate your room with pirate decor. Pirate decor could include a hook or an eye patch hung on the wall or a plank used as a table.

Beyond the nautical theme, there are several other ways to decorate a room in your home in a theme. You might try a beach theme, a farm theme or a winter landscape theme. These all involves types of decor that might make a person happy. On the flip side, maybe you want to make your special room into a futuristic spaceship or something similar. The possibilities are endless.

The main thing to keep in mind when you are doing a themed room is to do what makes you happy and not to worry about what anyone else, including potential buyers, thinks.


About the Author



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top ↑