How do you keep your possessions safe?
Are you afraid that the items of value that you own will be lost or stolen?
Do you worry about the technology that your college student has in his or her room?
If you are like many Americans, you go from appointment to appointment, from meeting to meeting, or from class to class with several very valuable items. From our laptops to our cellphones and the exercise and health monitors we wear on our wrists, Americans often have several hundred, if not a thousand or more, worth of technology with them at all times. When we travel and when we leave these items back home on occasion, these items are vulnerable to theft or damage.
Although many hotels offer fireproof floor safes for the protection of their guests, very few homeowners take this precaution at their own homes. A fireproof floor safe, however, can be the easy solution to keeping your technology, jewelry, and other valuables protected when you are away. These fireproof floor safes also protect items of value whenever you are away from home, or in the event of a disaster like a fire or a natural disaster.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the theft or safe keeping of valuables:
- Keeping in mind how many Americans have laptop computers, it might not be surprising that a laptop is stolen every 53 seconds.
- Estimates indicate that 4.3% of company-issued smartphones are lost or stolen every year.
- Equipment that is omputer-related accounts for 79% of the home office equipment fires and 67% of the non-home office equipment fires.
- Investing in laptop safes is becoming increasingly more common, both in the home and at work.
- To keep contents safe at a temperature up to as high of 350 degrees Fahrenheit or less and at a humidity of 85% or less for the specified time period, you need to make sure that you purchase a safe that is classified as a UL Class 350. These kinds of fireproof floor safes are suitable for storage of paper documents.
- Statistics indicate that at least 2 million home burglaries are reported each year in the U.S. If you become part of this statistic, are you doing everything that you can to keep your valuable papers, documents, and other items protected?
- About 30% of all burglaries are through an open or unlocked window or door. Make sure that you take this basic precaution when you leave your home, even if it is only for a short absence.
- Few people regret taking the extra precautions of making sure that their most valuable items are safe and protected. Many, however, are devastated when their valuables are stolen or ruined in a fire when they could have easily been protected in a fireproof floor safe.
- Every day that you leave your valuable unprotected you are making yourself a target for a theft or burglary. The latest research indicates that 85% of current break-ins are from non-professionals who are usually more desperate and dangerous. Make sure your valuables are stored and hidden safely out of sight.
ersonal technology items account for an increasing amount of the property that people have in their home. The decision to purchase a safe to help protect these items is an investment in the valuables that you purchase.