Many people across the United States donate to charity. It is estimated the 3% income generated around the country is donated to charity every year. At least 70% of Americans save a donated to charity every year. Making cash donations is not the only way you can help others. Making American Red Cross clothing donations can go a long way to helping others. Here are the steps you can take if you want to make clothing donations. It has been estimated that approximately $666.1 billion is added every year to the economy by nonprofit organizations.
- Get your stuff together. Go through your closet and pick out the clothes that you have not worn in at least a year. Organization experts recommend you doing this once a year to keep your closets organized. Making American Red Cross clothing donations is a great way to help others and get yourself organized.
- Sort and clean your clothing. If you are interested in making American Red Cross clothing donations, you want to help them, not cause more work. When you have gathered your American Red Cross clothing donations, go through and clean and sort your clothing. If you have other items, such as household products, most charities will take those as well. You should make sure they are in a reasonable shape. If you have other items such as computers or mattresses, you should call the drop off location to make sure they can accept them.
- Take your items to the American Red Cross. There are some areas when you can have the local center come to you for your American Red Cross clothing donations. That can be a good solution if you have a lot of donations to make. They can send a truck to your location and save you the trouble of going to the charity in your area.
- Get documentation when you donate clothing or other items. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) clothing donations to be similar to cash donations. If you make American Red Cross clothing donations that are more than $250 you need to have documentation for the IRS. This is a win-win.
- Have a Red Cross donations drive. This is a great way to build morale and help the charity. When you make these donations, you will feel better. Arranging a Red Cross pick up can also be great for your public relations for your business. Have your employees bring their items on a certain day and you can really do a lot of good for people who are in need of some assistance. This can be an inspiring process to undertake for your business. It has been shown that when one person does something for others it can inspire more donations or charitable acts.
There are a lot of good reasons to make clothing donations to the American Red Cross. Your donation helps the environment, gets you a chance to clean out your home of items that you no longer need or use. Making clothing donations does have a very real impact on the charity’s ability to do their important work. When the American Red Cross cakes and clothing donations and Donations of other household items, they sell those items in their thrift shops. This is one important revenue stream that you can help me possible this is often one of the main sources of the charity’s revenue. Another benefit to making these donations is that people who might not otherwise be able to afford clothes, can buy clothing for their families. You will end up with a lower tax bill, help the charity with their important work and help people who are in need of assistance. This is a far better thing to do with your used clothing than to send it to a landfill where it will do no one any good and will add to global warming. Every day, for all 24 hours of the day, people all over the country are helped by the American Red Cross. The organization provides people with food, blood, shelter and blankets.