Do you know what to look for in a new home? Do you know who to ask for advice?
Finding the right real estate agent can often help with both of these situations. For this reason, most home buyers realize that working with a real estate agent is the right decision. Whether you are looking for guidance in knowing what to look for in a new home in a community that you are just moving to or you are looking to move across the city to a self-sustaining community, finding a knowledgeable real estate agent can help you understand all of your options. From a planned community in Florida to an acreage in Nebraska, finding the home that you want requires a combination of doing your own research and working with resources who are well informed.
Where Do You Start Looking When Your House Hunting Begins?
Home builders provide many floor plans and options for the houses that they build. Finding the right combination of builder, floor plan, and price, however, can be a real challenge. If you make the decision to work with the right realtor, however, you can find a filter to help you sift through all of the options that are available in any given area.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the real estate market and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- 41% of Americans indicate that they either somewhat or strongly prefer a newly-built home over an existing one.
- Master planned communities include everything from recreational opportunities to convenient shopping and needed services, as well as planned green spaces.
- 42% of recent buyers indicated that the first step that they took in the home buying process was to look online at properties for sale.
- 14% of recent buyers indicated that the first step they took in the home buying process was to contact a real estate agent
- 83% of Americans think having a yard is important, and 90% of those with a yard think it is important that yard is well maintained.
- 30% of buyers in the year 2015 indicated that the primary reason for purchasing a home was the desire to own a home of their own.
From knowing what to look for in a home builder to making sure that you do not pay too much for a home in a certain neighborhood, a real estate agent is well versed in all of the specifics in the areas where they buy and sell homes. If you want to what to look for in a new home a good place to start is to consult with a local realtor.