Published on April 6th, 2019 | by Balanced Family
The 7 Benefits of Private Elementary Schools
Every parent wants the best education for their children, and when it comes to finding a school that will serve them best you’ll want to do your research. Many people wonder about the advantages of attending private schools versus public, and while some claim there is no difference, the benefits of private education cannot be denied so easily. If you want to know what to expect from a private school, here are a few things to consider.
The Best Private Education.
- Smaller Class Sizes. One of the biggest differences between private elementary schools and public is the class sizes. Public schools often have too many children per classroom, which means the teacher cannot attend to a student’s individual needs. This can lead to a dip in grades, or even an interest in learning altogether. With a smaller classroom size the teachers are able to help any child that may be struggling, and help foster their innate love of learning.
- Libraries. Oftentimes public schools don’t receive adequate funding, and as a result things like the school library suffer. Private schools, in contrast, are able to afford a wide variety of books ensure that all children can find something they would enjoy reading. This also helps keep children invested in reading, and is something that can stick with them through their entire lives.
- Extra Activities. Keeping funding in mind, private school are better equipped with an array of extra activities that can help break up the monotony of the traditional school day. With gym, art, music, and even theater, children can better learn where their natural talents lie. These classes usually are scheduled for one day a week, which gives the kids something to look forward to outside of their usual routine.
- Technology. Remember when large hardcover textbooks were the norm? Well today private schools are turning to digital textbooks, with some schools even providing laptops or tablets for students to use during the school year. This gives all students the opportunity to access much more information than we ever did at their age. Computer labs can also help develop useful skills and comprehension that can help them well into their adult lives.
- Quality Lunches. Many private elementary schools offer healthy lunches included in the cost of tuition. Instead of the mystery meat that many of us may remember, kids today can expect only the freshest fruits and vegetables alongside nutritious main courses.
- Up To Date Facilities Along with the healthy food selections, and wide variety of extra class choices, you can expect the facility to be well maintained and up to date. Again, the main issue is funding when compared to public schools. But, in a private institution you can expect only the best when it comes to the building and utilities, meaning your children will be both safe and comfortable all day long.
- Sense of Community Many private schools like to keep parents as involved in possible. This means there is a sense of community among the teachers, parents, and students. Being able to build strong and lasting relationships while being actively involved with your child schooling, can help them feel more confident and secure in the long term. School should be not only a place of learning, but a place children can feel excited about going to. Making friends, being open, and staying involved is one of the best ways to achieve that.
If you are debating between private elementary schools for your child and public I hope the above is able to shed some light on the most positive aspects of private schooling. Elementary schools have a pivotal role to play in a child’s development, and sending them to a trusted institution can make a lifelong difference.