Published on August 8th, 2016 | by Balanced Family
Get the Right Party Equipment Rentals for Your Event with These 7 Tips
Are you planning a wedding? There are a lot of details you have to keep straight when you plan any big event like a wedding, Bat or Bar Mitzvah or sweet 16 party. There are hundreds of details to keep straight from tent and chair rentals to the activities and catering. All of these events can be made to be extremely formal or more casual. More and more people are opting to hold their big events outdoors so you may want to consider this if you have a decent sized lawn, yard or garden.
- Talk to your friends and family. You probably know at least one person who has planned a big party that required them to rent tables and chairs and a tent. Getting personal referrals is the ebst way to find quality goods and services. Ask them about the company they used and what they thought of them Ask, too, about how they found that company. Even if you do not use the same company your friend or relative used, they can get you pointed in the right direction.
- Look at a few companies that handle party equipment rentals. If you are able to, you should go to the locations where they store their chair, table and tent rentals. Look over the equipment. Keep in mind that your table rentals will have linen over them for your event. The tables that are rented for big events get beaten up pretty badly and, truth be told, are never the best looking tables even when they are brand new. It is good to get an idea of what it all looks like and how it is stored and cared for.
- Get quotes from at least three rental companies. Get itemized and detailed quotes and estimates from a minimum of three tent and chair rental companies. Make sure you are clear on how much you are being charged and for what. These quotes need to include the pick up and delivery times for the party equipment and furniture, how much they expect you to put down as a deposit, what their cancellation policy is and what they do if any of the rentals are damaged. Some people take pictures of the equipment when it is dropped off so that the company cannot claim damage that was already present was incurred at the event in question. Getting everything in writing can make it easier to evaluate the quotes you get.
- Who is coming to your event? This may have an impact on the kinds of party equipment that you want to rent. If you are having an outdoor party or wedding reception, you may want to go for a dance floor rental. Some parties where children will be present could benefit from a bounce house. You know who will most likely attend so just plan your party rentals according to your guest list.
- Start planning your event early. Many people will spend about 12 months or more planning their wedding. You may have competition for various rentals. Your tent and chair rental options may even be limited if you wait too long to reserve them. If you need a dance floor, you really need to get that early. You will always have more options when you start looking early.
- Changes happen, stay in communication with your vendors. You do not need or want to call the tent and chair rental company every day or every week but you should check in with them from time to time and absolutely need to let them know about any changes to your plans for your event.
- Plan for problems with the weather. This is especially important if any of your event is going to be outside. Even if you have a great tent, a bad rainstorm can be problematic. Talk to the tent and chair rental company about how the tents handle wind and rain.
There are a lot of details that need to be dealt with when you plan any kind of big event. The more organized you are in the planning process, the more fun you and your guests will have at your party.