Published on July 17th, 2016 | by Balanced Family0
8 Reasons to Consider Insulated Vinyl for Your Siding Replacement
If you own a house, you might consider vinyl siding for your home. If you are looking for a siding replacement, it is hard to imagine a better material. Putting insulated vinyl siding on your home increases its resale value tremendously. One reason for this is that most homeowners see their energy bills plummet after having it installed.
8 Reasons to choose insulated vinyl siding:
- It is very durable. If maintained correctly, insulated vinyl siding can last as long as 40 years. It is not vulnerable to long term sub exposure nor do you need to worry about mold or water damage. It has a layer of foam, which makes it lay more flush with the home. The paint can last between 15 and 20 years.
- It is versatile. Insulated vinyl siding comes in a wide variety of colors, style and finishes. You would be hard pressed to not be able to find one that you think will work with your home and personal style. You can also paint it if you want to do that.
- It is very energy efficient. It has been shown to cut homeowners’ energy bill. As an added benefit, tax credits are available in many parts of the country. Check with your state to find what tis available to homeowners who do a siding replacement and choose insulated vinyl as their material.
- It has fewer seams. Insulated vinyl siding has nearly 40% longer panels. The results look cleaner and straighter.
- It has a great return on investment (ROI). Through the decrease in homeowners energy bills, most people see a ROI of as much as 80%.
- It looks good. Improving the look and feel of a home is priceless. Whether you are doing the siding replacement to sell your home or to make it nicer for you and your family, this kind of vinyl siding just looks great on homes.
- Can stand water. Insulated vinyl siding will hold up to just about any weather conditions you can throw at it. This includes rain, extreme heat in the summer and cold in the winter and it hold its own against the wind, too.
- It is easy to maintain. Unlike some other materials that need to be painted. Most siding contractors offer warrantees against damage from the sun for decades. These protect against color fading or just decrease in appearance in general. Some companies offer them for up to 25 years.
You have a lot of options when you go in for a siding replacement. There are even different types of vinyl siding.Doing a good job on your siding replacement can make a big difference when you sell your home. It is very good for the selling of homes because of the increased energy efficiency that it offers. Nearly 30% of the energy bills come from air that seeps out through wood siding. That adds up quickly and you could be basically throwing money out the door as a consequence of drafty wood siding.
Old and tired siding can actually decrease the value of a home by 10%. Another way to increase the value of your home, and increase its energy efficiency is to do a window replacement. Studies show doing that definitely adds value to a home and most people who do that have a ROI of between 73 and 77%.
If you are interested in learning more about the value of vinyl siding, you should have a roofing contractor or siding company out to your home to give you your options. They can also let you know if you are eligible for any related tax credits or other programs that are offered to get homeowners to make such improvements to increase their home’s energy efficiency and reduce their home’s carbon footprint.